Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Pool

I was home just after 4 today - a rare and wonderful 'treat'. It wasn't like I was 'done' or anything like that - but I had already put in 10 straight hours - no breaks, no lunch - just eating Medifast at my desk - and I needed a break. My eyes hurt, my head hurts, my neck hurts. So I headed home.

I took Chloe out and the pool looked inviting. It's not a particularly hot day - it would be but there's a bit of a breeze which helps dissipate the heat a bit. I changed into my suit and stepped into the pool on the first step and went 'yikes, that's cold'. It's 79. I know it would feel great within a few seconds of immersion - but I just couldn't do it. So I'm in my bathing suit, completely dry and blogging instead. When it's scorching outside (which it's supposed to be the next few days), I'll take the plunge. Just not hot enough for me to want to be that cold.

Another long day in the trenches. Can't say much about it at this point. It was a day like many other days. Same stuff, different day.

B. is taking a nap. There's been no word from H. but I'm not surprised about that. I will write him an email tonight that he'll get at dinner tomorrow. I know he's having a blast and embracing the 'no news is good news' approach. He must be fine - no broken bones, etc. - or they would have called.

H. will be home in about an hour. Dinner is TBD. May actually cook. Maybe. It's a long shot but it could happen. Chinese sounds good - maybe we'll splurge and go out mid-week. Some good Honey Walnut Prawns sound delicious. Maybe I'll get takeout.

I'd better throw some clothes on if we're going somewhere. Later, peeps.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...