Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Niceties

Here are nice things that happened today:

My oldest son brought me ibuprofen (upon my request) because all my joints ached today and I needed relief. He also arrived with a sweet birthday card AND a Starbucks gift card, which I used at lunch to get (another) iced tea and a small vanilla coffee frappucino. No whip. Light version. A big treat since I'm on day 4 of 'healthy' eating - meaning limited sugar and carbs.

My other son also gave me a sweet card and a Starbucks gift card - and honestly, I'm thrilled. It's been my motiviation for getting up at 3:30ish every morning this week - 'I will treat myself to Starbucks even if it means driving across town to get it'. Still praying the new shopping center (not opening for a year) has a drive-thru Starbucks. THAT would be the best next year birthday present EVER.

My aunt sent me a beautiful yellow rose plant with the sweetest teddy bear and a balloon greeting. And a card that reads: ...."I celebrate your life and invite you to surrender to each moment just AS IT IS and peace will follow as you move through these busy days of heavy responsibility". It is the perfect greeting for today - and for the next few weeks. And I will do well to remember it and embrace it. And I shall.

A coworker sang Happy Birthday to me with her very best 'Marilyn Monroe' imitation. Sounded a lot like her. I could picture the dress blowing and everything. It was fun.

We are ordering Mountain Mike's pizza for dinner and will have a nice dinner out this weekend sometime. Or maybe a Sunday lunch - we'll see. Possibly Casa Orozco in Livermore 'cuz the flan is to die for.

A dear friend sent me a nice e-card - haven't heard from her in awhile and it was nice to read her note. I sent a reply and profusely apologized 'cuz I'm reasonably sure I missed her birthday. Bad, Majah. Bad.

Another very, VERY dear friend called me which was terrific. We are trying to get to lunch but scheduling conflicts are preventing our rendezvous. It's just a bad couple weeks for me work wise but the couple weeks off I have coming up will allow us to get together SOON, I hope.

My husband got a tattoo in my honor. Here's a picture. Ok, scratch the picture 'cuz he got it with my 'real' name and I'm not going to post it. He had a company picnic today and he got a 'henna' tattoo with my name and a seahorse. Sweet. His workmates were suitably impressed that he'd honor me on my special day.

OK - enough for now. Stuff to do before bed, which is in just a couple of hours.

Thanks to all my family and friends for making the day so special!

1 comment:

DLB said...

Happy Birthday Majah!

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...