Saturday, June 28, 2008

Day 6.a

I took a break from starters last night - just couldn't get into the kitchen for the nightly 'routine' - but tonight, I will. I had correspondence (via email) with one of the foremost experts on SRB and I'll write more about that exchange in a later post. Waiting for her permission to link her site here. Just felt it was courteous to ask before I did it - and I was so honored and thankful she wrote me back so quickly. She offered advice and this: be patient. This bread is a challenge and it takes awhile to get it right. But she and I both know it's so worth it. So I will work on my patience.

I was going to post before and after pictures of the yard work - but I went outside last night to find my hubby had already completely chopped a huge 'bush' down to just the trunk in the ground. WOW. And the funny thing was: he hadn't even read my blog post about working on that this weekend. He just took our lunch conversation and put it into action just like THAT. So we're making progress. There's a lot of digging still to do...but he's removed one of the biggest shrubs already and is outside right now, in the cool of morning working on others.

We've decided we're getting old when neither of us can sleep much past 7 on weekends. Next, we'll be drinking day old coffee (miss you, Dad).

I'm going to get to work on tidying up in here - filing a claim to get money out of our Flexible Spending accounts to supplement the balance in our check book. The annual car insurance premium is coming due shortly and we need all the cash flow we can get! I'm hoping for some kind of lowering for B. since he's now been driving for a year and nothing bad has happened (yet). We can always hope, right? (for a rate reduction - not for something bad to happen - realized I'd better clarify that point mid-sentence).

Sky is still hazy with smoke but it's calm so the balloons were out today. I was going to take pics of that, too, but it's just to grossly hazy to even bother. Balloons aren't pretty against a grey/brownish/whitish smoke filled sky.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...