Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hunky

H. is home. He had a fantastic time. Was home for about 2 hours and then headed out for a surprise birthday party of a friend who lives down the street. Had to iron his shirt, took a shower, use his ''Bod" spray to smell wonderful and headed out for a night with friends. The same friends who likely TP'd our house BADLY on Thursday night. Great thing to wake up to - thankfully, J. worked at home and neither of us were in a hurry that morning. They used a lot of TP and wrapped it in and out of our wheel wells, etc. Tore tiny pieces and left them on the grass - covered the grass with them. And the trees, shrubs, etc. Great....just great.

We had a pleasant Father's Day. Church at 11 (H. was on slide duty) and then brunch at iHOP. A few errands and I even wedged in a quick nap. Dinner is BBQ pork sandwiches. H. and I have been dueling on Mario GoKart.

I had chicken soup for dinner 'cuz my stomach is a mess. I won't go into details...but something is not 'right'. Time for a trip to the doctor.

We also set up the Wii Fitness and I've had two days of yoga, hula hoop, etc. Yes, it's a 'gimmick' - but for someone like me, who's admittedly pretty 'sedentary', it's a game that gets me up and moving. My legs hurt. So it's doing some good. Will do more tomorrow morning first thing - it's quiet and won't wake anyone up (unlike the treadmill or exercise bike). I'm not too great at the step aerobics - so uncoordinated. But there's no one else watching me do it badly - and I can keep doing it over and over until I get it. So in that respect, it's definitely better than the gym. I'm too embarrassed to go to a step aerobics class at a gym and look stupid. I just won't do it. So this, in the privacy of my own home, works.

Heading into another long week. Still on track for two weeks off starting the 23rd. I hope so. I need it!

PS - the title today is H's nickname. We've called him that since he was a baby - 'cuz he is! He's a cutie bug, and now he's a fine looking young man. Who's pretty attractive to the posse of ladies that pursue him.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...