Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Day 2.b

Took the boys to the movies. The cleaning ladies were arriving any minute and we like to try to get out of their way - so we went to lunch at Sonic and then to see Get Smart. It was OK - not fantastic but passable. I looked at my watch a lot - but I do that anyway.

My friend, the wonderful Bug, got my 'old' job - officially. She's been doing it for the past 18 months so it's nice that she was actually awarded the job after extensive interviews, etc. She will do a fantastic job for the college and they are lucky to have her. I answered my cell phone with popcorn buttery hands (we were standing in line to head into the actual movie theatre room - not in the theatre yet) and then texted her further congrats. And then indulged myself with one lone tear streaking down my cheek - thankfully, in the dark theatre so no one would notice. I'm happy for her, really I am. But admittedly, just slightly sad for me. But it's OK. I made my choice and now it's done.

B. is at his music lesson and will stop to get me a carton of regular milk for the second (and possibly third try) at the bread starter. H. is at a friends house.

Time to start thinking about what to feed the troops in a couple hours. I'll update on my 'success' or lack thereof in the morning.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...