Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day 4.a

Up at 7 this morning, just in time to see my hubby off to his day in the trenches of San Francisco. B. is on the golf course and H. spent the night down the street. All's quiet here. Even the birds are finally sleeping, it appears.

I have to look up something for work - which means disconnecting this computer, connecting my work computer and logging in remotely to the finance system...something I am loath to do 'cuz 'hey, I'm on vacation'. But that's the downside of a small district - you are it. The lone, solo keeper of all information that must be kept....it's a pain sometimes, and this is certainly one of them. Hopefully, I can get it done expediently and then just put the laptop away. Remember my post a few days ago about spending an hour a day tidying up folders, emails, etc.? Well, forget about that 'cuz I'm on VACATION and I don't want to. Wow, that felt GOOD!

Am toying with the idea of a trip to Jackson - but I will probably lose and hey, I'm at that point in our future finances when I think I shouldn't be throwing money down the toilet, essentially. So I think I'll just hang out at home and play the slots on pogo.com. In between cleaning out the desk here, etc.

Maybe Jackson will beckon more strongly tomorrow. We will see.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...