Monday, June 02, 2008

Mole

The Mole returns to ABC tonight - we love this show and have really missed it. Of course, part of my adoration of the show was the eye candy effect the previous host had on me - Anderson Cooper is just so .....um.....well....HOT. Don't know how else to describe it. He's just so incredibly intriguing and handsome. No offense to my sweet hubby who is also just fab. But AC is just eye candy to the max. Anyway, the show is back and we are looking forward to it's return. Sadly, it is on at 10PM which is waaaaaaay past my bed time so we will PVR it instead and watch it together tomorrow evening. If you've never watched it, do. It's like Amazing Race only with the twist that someone is an 'insider' trying to trip the other contestants up - and trying not to be discovered as The Mole. It's a lot of fun and a mystery, to boot.

I was up at 4 this morning. Was awake every hour or so all night long so I really should have just gotten up - but it would have been around 2 and that seemed insanely early, even for me. I guess I might have been hot - I turned off the air and opened windows instead. The family would live hermetically sealed if I let them, but I'm on a campaign to lower our electric bill as much as possible so we're trying to get by with no A/C. It's working - our last bill had a credit balance and that was BEFORE I send in this month's payment. [You are probably asking 'why is she sending in a payment when there's a credit balance?' We're on a balanced payment plan and we pay the same every month. They will review our usage shortly and lower our payment if that's what's appropriate. So I pay what they bill requires and we'll build up a 'prepayment' and eventually, our monthly payment will go down]. So I do think we're using fewer KwH though not without some effort on my part. I run around the house turning things off. Watch for lights left on. And when it's cooler outside, I try to open windows and let fresh air cool the place down. It works. But then I have to run around in the morning and close everything back up because the kids will forget and run the AC in the afternoon, thus wasting $$. It's complicated. For me. For everyone else, they remain oblivious.

Anyway, so I was awake a lot - and while I may have been warm from no A/C, I'm reasonably sure it's just my ovaries throwing off one more salvo across the bow as they limp into full time retirement. I had not had a hot flash for a really long time, but they appear to be back with a vengeance. Waking me up with the urgent need to hop in a cool shower or jump in the pool. Thankfully, I now just say (sometimes over and over) 'it will pass in just a little bit'. They last less than a minute, though it feels like a lot longer. Anyway, they were probably the reason I slept poorly. That, and the 10,000 things running through my brain demanding my attention. And my hips are killing me - just so sore and stiff. I haven't been taking my anti-inflammatory med and it's starting to 'show'. It's time to get cortisone shots into my hip joints again - yes, it hurts as much as you'd think it would. But the relief is instantaneous and it lasts a long time.

The kids were home for their first day of summer vacation. Which involved calling frequently, all phones, (home and their cells) and getting no answer. One was playing drums. The other slept until noon. And was 'pissy' that I suggested 12 hours of sleep was ENOUGH and perhaps he should get moving. Arrived home to find 'stuff' everywhere. So we will be having a discussion when they return. One is spending the night elsewhere. The other, we're expecting home though who knows? Have no idea when.

I'm retiring for the evening shortly having decided that attempting to do work when I'm falling asleep is pointless. I'll sleep and get up early and get on it.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...