Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Wednesday

Tuesday night is 'trash night' in our neighborhood - we all dutifully roll our bins out to the curb and fill them to the brim. This week it's trash and yard clippings. Next week it's trash and recycling. J. has it in his Blackberry 'cuz I can never remember which week it is...and it's important 'cuz our recycle bin is already FULL to the brim and we have another week to go.

H. told me 'we're already the greenest family I know - we have TWO hybrid cars and we recycle more than any of my friends'. I liked that he 'noticed' that. I don't even remember how that conversation started - I think it had something to do with what kind of car we would get him. Not that we are getting him ANY kind of car but the boy is obsessed. I said 'a hybrid is a good idea - it's a green thing to do'. And that's when he said it, I think.

So the trash trucks came around at 4AM and since I was wide awake, I noticed. And I immediately have an urge to run downstairs and make sure B. put the bins out - THAT would be a disaster of major proportion since I don't think we could cram more trash in to our bin for another week. I am obsessed with trash, it seems.

Cleaning crew came yesterday - and I usually love/enjoy coming home and seeing everything all sparkly and tidy - but since I didn't get home until 7:30 last night, I was too tired to notice. Auditors in the office makes for long days - thankfully, it's going fine and there's nothing major happening. I'll be glad when it's tomorrow and they are (hopefully) done - I will breathe a sigh of relief next week, for sure. I did love sinking into bed with nice, crisp, clean sheets. It was heaven. And I was out like a light quickly and slept at least 5 hours solid - which is really good for me. Since I barely slept the night before, I'm glad I got some sleep last night.

Heading out the door momentarily (it's not quite 6:30) and it will be another LONG day. This Friday, we have another football game - I missed our last one 'cuz of the concert and it was madness - they sold out of virtually everything. Hundreds of hot dogs, burgers, personal pizzas. This next game is the 'cross town classic' - our two town high schools duke it out. It will be even busier than the last game. I will probably have window duty and it will be exhausting. I'll report to the set up crew around 3PM and probably not get home until 10PM. I love doing it - it's always loads of fun, once you get there. But oh my gosh, WHY couldn't it be on a Tuesday or something? Getting 'amped' up for that massively exhausting activity at the end of a LONG week is really, really hard. Thankfully, it's only 6 Fridays of the year. At our club meeting, one of our members said that the 'charter' high school in our town asked if we wanted to do concessions at their games, which are on Saturday nights. We all looked at each other with sort of shell-shocked faces and replied (almost in unison): 'NO'. That would be too much. We are a small club and it takes 'all hands on deck' to pull off serving the kind of crowds we've been having lately.

OK - heading out the door now to work on conversion entries. Don't ask. Unless you work in a 'general ledger' role, you'll never need to know and I'll save you the headache. Taking two Tylenol right this minute.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...