Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pasta

Dinner was terrific! I enlisted the help of my able-bodied kitchen assistant J. who helped with the chopping. Onions, parsley, bacon. We de-glazed the pan (see how chefly we are already?) with the only white wine we have in the house - a 14 year old chardonnay we bought from a v. Sattui winery in Napa. Still delicious. Their wines only available at the winery - they don't sell in stores. We need to make a trip up there in the near future 'cuz we need some wines. We're drinking the remainder since we only needed 1 cup for the recipe. (I'll be asleep within an hour probably, since I so rarely drink).....really. Rarely. As evidenced by our ability to hold onto a bottle of wine for a decade and a half!

While on the subject of alcoholic beverages, I'm looking for chocolate flavored vodka. I found many other flavored vodka's at the grocery store - but no chocolate. I don't know why I want it - except it sounds good mixed with Kahlua and cream. I've never had Kahlua and cream, but I think I'd like to try it.

HOT FLASH! Oh my - I hate them. It's 73 degrees in here and suddenly, I'm sweating. One sip of wine....and I'm flaming hot. Love menopause. Love it.

OK - adios for now! May be blogging lite this week but will catch up when I'm (hopefully) off a bit. I will take my laptop with me to Phoenix and may be able to write about the events!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...