Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Gold

Finally! I just got an email offer from Starbucks to join their Starbucks Gold program. They're sending me a special card that will get me 10% off my order. It's rolling out to the public soon - and they sent emails (I presume) to people like me who have registered their Starbucks card and/or have automatic refill set up on their card. I've been thinking lately 'they should have a frequent purchaser program of some kind' - as I drove through the drive for my 3rd iced tea of the day.

I was on my way to help bag ice for the big game this weekend - we move ice from the gigantic ice machine (picture the biggest hotel ice machine you've ever seen - this one's bigger) into bags and into the freezer. Then the machine will fill up again between now and the game so we'll have plenty of ice.

I had to rush home from work when B. had a little accident. I called home to see if B. would be able to come to my office and pick up a ton of leftover Chinese food I had from lunch - enough to feed the two of them dinner. And when his brother tossed him the phone, he missed it and it clipped him above his eye - so he said 'Mom, I need to call you back 'cuz I'm bleeding from a head wound'. Great. So I checked in with the audit team (still there) and told them I would lock the door on my way out and reminded them to leave by 6 so they wouldn't get locked in when the preschool closed the gate. So, I took B. to the clinic just to be sure - I didn't think it needed stitches, but it was in a spot that was hard to know - it didn't. He just needed a tetanus shot, since he hadn't had one since we've been with this doctor.

He's fine - and it worked out well 'cuz I hadn't had anything but a bathroom break all day and I was ready to stop for the day. The conversion entries led to working on depreciation - it was a long, LONG day....and I am beat. Still have a lot more to do. I already warned J. that if I awaken at 3AM like I did today, I'm getting up and heading in as early as I possibly can. My desk is a disaster zone and I have a lot of deadlines looming that aren't audit related, which I need to get to. Just typing that sentence makes my stomach knot up - just so many things to take care of. One deadline after another after another - all looming over my head like a dark net waiting to drop on me and trap me forever. That's how it feels, anyway. It will pass.

Dirty, Sexy Money is on so gotta go!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...