Thursday, October 02, 2008

Croutons

I'm eating a lettuce less salad - just beets and croutons - while I wait for dinner to come out of the oven. I am famished.

It's also convenient 'cuz I eat the beets when Joe Biden is speaking and I eat the croutons when Sarah Palin is speaking - so I don't have to hear her speak.

I will give her this: she is less grating and obnoxious than McCain was in his debate last week. He grated on my every nerve, like finger nails on a chalkboard.

She just makes me thankful God invented croutons.



Update post-debate:

OK - she didn't suck. I was 'impressed' and by that, I think I mean I really thought she might fall flat on her face and she didn't. And I give her a lot of credit for that.

And, her 'style' - her easy-going, communicative, friendly style is what I was 'missing' in Hilary. Hilary never felt 'real'. Sarah feels very 'real' - she seems sincere, and well-intentioned. And I like her for that.

I'm not voting for her 'cuz her running mate is a buffoon. But I don't dislike her. And she deserves a lot of credit for that - 'cuz I've really tried not to like her and I can't bring myself to do that.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...