Thursday, October 02, 2008

Girls Treat


This greeted me upon my arrival home today. Thankfully, J. had given me a 'heads up' call - saying (as I apologized profusely for still being at work after he's home - THAT is a sure sign I'm really late) - he said 'no, no not that. I just want you to NOT open the garage door when you come home'. I said, hesitantly 'um, OK. Why'? As my mind imagined what horrific things could be behind that door - something smashed to bits? An animal we are trying to keep contained (and it certainly couldn't be Chloe 'cuz she's obnoxious but hardly anything that necessitates keeping her in the garage)? A flood? Locusts? He said 'H.'s invitation to Girls Treat is on the garage door and I want you to see it'.


Isn't it 'sweet'? I think it's so nice of her to do that for him. Of course, he's being totally 'cool' about it - it's a guy thing, I guess. He will need a tux - but hopefully, most of the other expenses involved will be 'her treat'. That feels strange to me - but I'm hoping I can resist the urge to offer to 'pitch in'. B.'s prom last Spring cost us close to $750 by the time it was all 'done'. So it would be nice to NOT have to shell out that kind of $$ this time.

It says 'out of all the fishes in the sea, I chose you. Will you go to Girls Treat with me'?

I know he's a terrific 'catch' and I'm glad it's not just me who thinks that.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...