Monday, September 29, 2008

Son #1 Update

He now has a fever. Poor baby. Sent him back to bed with Tylenol. It looks like he won't be going to school tomorrow. He sounds stuffy. Probably just a bad cold - the fever isn't very high but I know he felt glad to have something to 'show' how bad he feels. Poor guy. He'll miss school and work again tomorrow - I hope he doesn't lose his job. He was sick a week ago, too. And I'm resisting the urge to compare this week's 'I feel terrible' with last week's 'I don't feel very well' - 'cuz I suspect his illness last week was more tired than anything else. And I won't point out that staying up until 11 or midnight every night of the week is not a wise idea. Murphy's Law: stay home when you just don't feel 'good' and you will soon wake up feeling truly HORRIBLE and have to attempt to drag yourself to where you need to be anyway 'cuz you can't keep taking too many sick days. I won't say it. No, I won't.

But I WILL be thinking it. Oh, yes I will.

I'm the mom.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...