Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Evening!

A quick post Board meeting update. J. apparently forgot I had a meeting so he called around 6ish to ask what time I'd be home. I said 'hopefully by 8:30'. Long pause. Then he said 'I'm fixing talapia for dinner'. I said 'sounds great, but we just ate'. It hit him 'oh, you have a Board meeting tonight, right?'. 'Uh, yeah, I do - and I have a couple things I need to do to prepare for it so what's up'? One of those typical husband/wife conversations.

The really odd thing is: I came home around noon [he worked at home today]. Did some personal computer stuff until around 1. Then announced I was going to go lie down on the family room couch for a bit. THAT should have been his hint that this was NOT a typical day. First, I don't take two+ hour lunches as a normal part of my day. AND I most definitely do not sleep during lunch. AND if I am sleeping, I also rarely ever sleep on the couch - I only do that if I'm tired and I can't risk getting into a really good sleep (ala taking a nap in my comfy bed). I can doze on the couch and not get into a deep sleep - and it was enough of a nap to get me over the 'why, oh why did I get up at 3:30AM this morning' slump I was struggling to navigate.

I did fall asleep and was awakened around 2 by the dog at my feet jumping (really - jumping!) to try to catch a fly. Crazy dog. Good thing she woke me up 'cuz J. probably wouldn't have (rule #1 in this house: do not wake up the female unit when she is sleeping unless there is danger afoot and she needs to vacate the premises). I went back to work and finished the day.

I confirmed I'm taking off a few days (Friday, Monday and Tuesday) and am so looking forward to five days in a row of sleeping in. There's plenty to do - around the house, some work stuff I will cart home. But I plan to sleep a lot! including plenty of naps.

I may go to Jackson for an afternoon - BUT, I'm trying to win (on eBay) tickets to the Steven Curtis Chapman concert next Friday - and if I win those tickets, I'll be using my 'fun money' to pay for them. It's a fair trade - and evening concert with a dear friend sharing our faith and friendship surrounded by other Christians. And it's right in our backyard practically - Brentwood. Rare appearance in our neck of the woods. So I'm going to try to win them tomorrow. Unless they go too much over where they are now - in which case, we'll have to just have dinner and listen to CD's or something.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...