Thursday, September 11, 2008

We're Going!

I got the concert tickets! I paid a fair price for them - far above what the 'retail' price was, but a number I won't lose any sleep over (and I am thankful for my many blessings that make that statement easy to make). I rationalized that I won't go to Jackson during my days off and that right there will save a chunk of $$. And yet, I may go ahead and go and just take 1/3 of what I usually take. Play for a bit, have a nice lunch and come home. Or just stay home - I'll see what I think on Tuesday when I wake up. Motivated (and wanting to vacate the house 'cuz the cleaning crew will be here)? Jackson. Not motivated? Stay home in the morning and head out for a movie when they get here to clean. We'll see. That's the really great thing about a few days off - loads of possibilities with no 'have to's'. It will be a nice break from jammed schedules, never-ending to do lists, etc.

So, my friend J. and I are spending next Friday night with Steven Curtis Chapman in Brentwood, CA. The venue is a church and I'm sure it's going to be an amazing night. We can't wait. We're meeting for dinner at 3:30 - plenty early but we want to get there and be ready to get in the door and get good seats when they open the doors at 6:00 (I think it's 6 - better check on that). I'm driving out to Brentwood tomorrow to pick up the tickets 'cuz I'm nervous about them being sent US mail - and the new car hasn't done much highway driving so a small 'road trip' would be a good thing. And then, I'll head into Livermore for lunch with a friend (also initial J.) and cruise by Mervyn's to look for shoes and socks. I need some.

Time for sleep. I will try to get some writing in this weekend 'cuz I have some posts mulling around in my brain.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...