Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Morning!

I am here at 5AMish, alternating between chilly (and grateful there's a 12 pound warm dog snuggling on my lap, getting as close as she possibly can to me - curving herself to fit onto my lap and keep her body next to mine) and freakishly hot (because the aforementioned dog is like a heater). It's 58 degrees outside and I left the back door open, screen door closed and am trying to conserve energy by letting cool morning air in. Since I'm wearing a tank top and pajama bottoms, it's a bit cool at times. But I'll survive.

I have been awake since 3:30, which I will undoubtedly regret later today - it's a Board meeting day and I will be exhausted this evening. But I was wide awake and even though I tried several times to go back to sleep, I gave up and just got up. Lattes at 3:35 in the morning don't taste the same as lattes when everyone else in the neighborhood is waking up.

Time to head upstairs to shower and get dressed. Will seize the opportunity to go into work early and have some 'quiet time'.

I am thrilled to have the Mariner back in the driveway - it spent the weekend at the dealer getting it's alarm system installed and having the inside detailed, scotch guarded, etc. I missed it. Though the PT Cruiser rental car we had was fun to drive - but the van (which is what I drove most of the weekend) wasn't. We have the pink slip and we're getting it detailed this week so we can put it up for sale.

Have a great day - see you on the flip side of what will be a long Tuesday.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...