Sunday, September 28, 2008

TV

I spent all summer cleaning off the Tivo [it's not really a 'Tivo' - it's the satellite cable's Digital Video Recorder - but Tivo takes less typing] in my room - I watched and/or erased about 40-60 hours of shows. It's been nice and 'clean' - not too much on in the summer to tape. I got to watch a bunch of 'older' Law & Orders that I keep on there as 'standby' - for the 30 minutes a day you CAN'T find a L&O episode on somewhere. They're on pretty much 24/7 - but I tape the really good ones so I can watch them again.

Good thing, 'cuz it's been one show after the next all week. Lipstick Jungle, One Tree Hill, Heroes, and this week, Dirty, Sexy Money. Grey's Anatomy and Ugly Betty. Pushing Daisies & Brothers and Sisters. And Ace of Cakes. Added to that is a new Survivor - and then tonight, as we're getting ready to eat dinner, we hear a promo for a new Amazing Race. YIPEE - it's one of our all time FAVORITE reality shows and we're never sure it's been renewed or not - we hit the jackpot! So now, there's too much to watch - and the Tivos are filling up really fast, already.

Soon, I'll be having trouble keeping up with watching all those shows and some will fall by the way side. Heroes is pretty close to being off my list - it's honestly just too brain taxing to try to keep up with what's happened and what's happening. Truly, I have no clue what's happened - I haven't been able to figure it out for some time - and it's probably time to move on and just acknowledge that when something takes that much concentration to watch, it's time to move on. Admittedly, I watch it while doing other stuff - so maybe I'll try just sitting on the couch and watching it. Maybe that will help.

Also, I didn't watch much Grey's Anatomy last season - just got tired of it. I watched the Season Premiere this past Thursday and it was OK - but I'm not finding the characters as compelling as I did in the first few seasons. I don't know if I'll stick with watching it or not. Time will tell. My Lion's meetings are on Thursdays (every other) and that's part of the issue - I'm not home in time to watch. Or I am home but am too tired to watch a show that goes until 10 or 11.

I just re-read my list and thought 'Holy Cow - that's way too much TV'. I'm going to have to start giving some up. "Lost" will return soon, too - it's a bit like Heroes - it may be too late for me to catch up on it but I'll try. The thing about Lost is: I know it has a defined ending. The show will only be a five year show - at least that's what they said. So at least I feel like I have a finite number of episodes to concentrate through. Heroes may go on forever - and I just can't invest that time. It's bouncing back and forth between good guys and bad guys - I can't keep up with who's on what side. 'Lost' is hard but a teeny bit easier to follow - and I really care about those characters. I don't care about any of the Heroes people.

This is an incredibly boring post - but I've been wanting to list the stuff I'm watching. Now that I have, I think it's time to limit it a bit. Hard to narrow those shows down 'cuz they are all great. I'll try to tape as much as I can and re-watch them during the summer or reruns during the holidays.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...