Thursday, September 25, 2008

Phone Call

20 years ago today, I returned a call from a message left on my answering machine.

20 years ago tonight, I stepped out of my comfort zone and met a man for a drink. At a bar. On a Sunday. A 'work night' which would normally have me curled up with a book around 9 and asleep by 10. And would never, EVER have me going out - for a drink - on a Sunday - with a man I'd never met before.

20 years ago today, my life changed forever. I didn't know it for sure at the time, but I suspected, that I had just met the man I would be spending my life with. From the minute I saw him, I just knew. Suspected. Hoped and prayed.

20 years ago tonight, I realized that God does answer prayers. He does have a plan for us. All the things that conspired to bring us together were most certainly arranged by God. There's no other logical explanation for it. None.

The rest is history.

20 years ago, I met my future husband on a blind date. And I was forever changed in that simple action - returning a phone call and agreeing to meet a blind date for a drink.

Happy Anniversary, J. Of all the anniversaries we celebrate together, this one is my favorite. This is the day I knew life was going to work out just fine.

I love you with all my heart.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...