Saturday, November 30, 2013

New Bed

Christmas shopping has commenced....mainly for me.  :-)  I am was determined not to use 'tis the season' as an excuse to shop for things I didn't know I wanted until I saw them...but it IS the season and when I shop, I find things....

Chloe got a new bed.  She had been using the cat bed that was up in our room - neither cat ever took any interest in it though they did covet shoe box lids.  One day after Klink died, I brought the bed down to the study and Chloe started sleeping in it...but it was small.  She could stretch out but her head and butt touched the sides of the bed.

I didn't really think about it much until I saw a catalog for In the Company of Dogs and took a look at all the beds they have....right down to the way your dog sleeps.  Chloe is a 'burrower' and a 'nester'.  She is frequently covered up from head to toe with her snout poking out.  She 'makes' her bed by 'digging' and snuffling while she 'works'.  And she loves being cozy.

So we bought her a new bed - no, not right.  I bought her a new bed.  I'd planned to have it under the tree for her ('cuz as usual this time of year, I'm fearful the tree will be 'empty' - or emptier than it has been in years past)....but I wanted to get it unpacked and get the box out of the study.

We unpacked it on Thursday - and she wanted nothing to do with it.  She'd sort of jump 'in/on' it but quickly jump right back out.  We put her old bed up and she whined for a bit.

Then last night, she finally went in the new bed - getting the hang of it.  It's 'poofier' than her old bed - it has no 'firmness' in it's base - it's just all 'fill' and she's not used to that.

But I think she's getting the hang of it.


She's sleeping so hard in it that she wakes up startled now and then.  She's out like a light for long stretches - which she never was with the old bed.

I think she's going to get used to it.  She's now burrowed further in - and snuggled up with her blanket.

Successful purchase!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...