Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I'm Still Standing

Channeling Elton this morning....

Note to hubby:  please (pleeeeeaaaasseee) fix the timer on the sprinklers so they come on at 6AM. The time change has them coming on at 5 which is about the time I head downstairs lately.  There is nothing harder than being barely awake and trying to navigate a potty-dancing puppy (she's always a puppy to me) through the house and out front.  That lawn is also soaked (as is the walkway down the house to the driveway) but at least the sprinklers are off.  I had to use a leash 'cuz I was a nervous wreck she was going to bolt after a dog or a cat - or the wind.

My feet are wet and she still hasn't finished all her 'business' - but I've done what I can.  She won't go out again - so I'm officially declaring her morning ablutions complete, whether they are or aren't.

I planned to get up early enough to be at my desk by 6AM - but it's a board meeting day today so why make a long day incredibly long?  I'm aiming for 7 which will still mean a 13 hour day.  That's hard after three days of more off than on.

A huge thank you to my wonderful cousin S. who sent me a sweet note of encouragement and support within minutes of my last post.  I sure wish we lived closer so we could have these conversations in person - and maybe someday, we will!  Thanks so much, S. .  You warmed my heart when it needed warming -

Finding joy in small things this morning - it's already Tuesday - tomorrow will (already) be hump day and then it's a downhill slide to the weekend.  Not a weekend of no work but at least two days of no alarm which is lovely. Though thankfully this morning, I woke up early on my own - before the alarm.

Off to get dressed.  I forgot to get clothes for J. to iron for me (isn't he a dream?  Even better than a dream 'cuz he will iron for me if I get clothes downstairs before I go to sleep) so I have to navigate my closet and figure out what to wear.

A Tuesday that feels like a Monday.  But Friday's a coming!  Can't wait to hear from our boy!


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...