Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Green Light

Started the day very early (awakened at 3:30AM during a hot flash of ginormous proportion) and it felt like a good idea to just stay awake.  Doing that enabled me to start the day with a Facebook chat with my cousin (always a treat!).  Then out to watch the Space Station overhead.  Fascinates me always.  Though staring up into the sky makes me woozy.  Tilting my head back...it's an inner ear thing.  I'm pretty adept at spotting the station but have been known to stare at a star and convince myself it's moving...but I found it.  It moves so quickly....

Three minutes ago, my son was on Facebook - his instant message 'chat' button green for a split second.  Almost as if he knew that his Mom had 'seen' him and was about to message him, he signed off.  So now his phone starts the count down again to when he's last online until eventually, it will go dark.  I hope he's OK...he's on the downhill side now.  Still, I worry and seeing him for a minute just has my heart and mind racing.

Only a couple more days.

I was toying with the idea of taking Friday off - more working at home and calling it a day off - but it turns out that the two other senior district admin folks are both heading to Southern California for the weekend so I'm 'in charge' on Friday.  Fingers crossed nothing goes wrong that day.  I've got plenty to do so it's fine.

Yesterday flew by - which is miraculous considering it was a very long day.  Productive; good meetings and a great board meeting.  Decisions made and now we move forward on setting up a temporary campus for our middle school which begins constructions in March and will be 'brand new' by the 15-16 school year.  Lots of work ahead but we'll get there.

Today's agenda is a couple meetings; confirming plans with my boss; getting things moving ahead.  Tomorrow, I host a monthly meeting and need to figure out what I'm going to serve 15 people for breakfast.  I had grand plans to bake tonight - but I'm leaning towards heading to the Bagel Cafe in the early morning and getting fresh bagels.  It's more expensive but oh well.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...