Thursday, November 07, 2013

Waiting

The house phone rang at 8:50ish last night and my heart sort of jumped.  Already upstairs, I awaited someone coming up the stairs to tell me it was B. .  It wasn't.  I know that's really a good thing - a call mid-week half way through his selection process time frame would probably mean something hadn't gone well.  Still, I hope.  Anytime the house phone rings - I feel like Downton Abbey calling it a house phone but it so rarely rings these days that I have to clarify which phone.  Cell phones are far more used than our land line - my heart sort of hopes.  Then it quickly doesn't.  Then it does again.

We will hear from him a week from tomorrow for sure and hopefully it will be good news.  So we wait.  I'm not great at waiting.

We had our first ever district wide Spelling Bee yesterday and it was so much fun.  I got to be a judge which felt stressful - but I reminded myself that it was much harder on the spellers than on any of us judges.  We had a wonderful time and are already looking forward to next year!  The words were really hard and I felt relieved to have the list in front of me 'cuz I would have struggled with spelling some of the words selected.

Today is a no meeting day where I will plow through a bunch of board prep stuff.  Tomorrow is more board prep and our (now) regularly scheduled 4 hour construction meeting.  1-4:30ish every Friday afternoon.  While the timing of a 'committed meeting' isn't great, it's the only time we could all wedge in and it is time well spent.  Sort of like church - I never want to go but I always feel better after getting there.  Only unlike church where no one but me makes the decision - the meeting isn't really optional.  Though I often wish it was.  I am always glad I went and I learn something new about the plans each week.  Time well spent...but the minute the meeting is over, I am out the door.  We are really getting into the details of the build and it's going to be a lot of fun watching all our hard work be constructed next year.

With an upcoming 3-day weekend to look forward to - and the excuses of not working Saturday 'cuz I'm lunching with a friend in Lodi who I haven't seen in over a year and not working Sunday 'cuz our finance system is down that day for it's monthly maintenance - I look forward to three 'no alarm' days.  And just time chillaxing with my peeps.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...