Thursday, November 21, 2013

Constructing

Hump day is a memory (already).

Thank you to my wonderful husband who made a Rite-Aid pity run last night and procured supplies for the maladies among-st us.  The cold he and H. have had for a week hit me this week.  Tuesday was Cheese Grater throat day.  Yesterday was Scratchy Itchy throat day.

This morning is just I Feel Like Crap But I'm Going to Work Anyway day. Which followed You Are Not Going to Sleep Much at All night.

We have a fleet of people flying up for a big construction meeting and I can't miss it. Though every fiber in my body is begging me TO miss it.  I won't.

H. is also under the weather and J. picked up Nyquil for him.  I hope he is OK 'cuz we kept telling him to 'take it early and go to bed'.  He is working today and a 4AM start time after a Nyquil night could be bad.  Equipment + Nyquil = Recipe for Disaster.

Once a Mom, always a Mom.

On the weather front - it poured (POURED) rain here yesterday repeatedly.  The storm drains on our district office site were quickly overwhelmed.  Eventually, the man hole covers 'gurgled' off and water was geysering UP from the storm drains and back onto our campus. Combined with the deluge, we were quickly looking at 3 feet of standing water.  When the City trucks came to assist, the back of the truck was at water level and his tail pipe was submerged.  It was really something -

It made us all miss our former boss 'cuz the same thing happened four years ago on the night he signed his contract.  That board meeting is one for the memory books 'cuz that time, the water was so high, it actually covered the ramps of some of our buildings and was 'lapping' at the entry level to our buildings.

Memories....like the corners of my mind......

The storm also caused a power failure and when I left last night, my computer was not able to 'power up'.  I called the help desk and left it running a recovery program - so I am praying it actually recovered.  The 'big report' that I worked on continually yesterday would be horrific to lose.

And if it's lost, I am going to lose it.  Guaranteed.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...