Sunday, December 01, 2013

New House

No....we're not moving.  Just reminiscing about the 13th anniversary (today!) of moving into this house.

Here are the boys back then.



In a couple weeks when son #1 arrives home, we will take another one in the same place. Both the location and the kids will be virtually unrecognizable.

I celebrated the anniversary by cleaning my desk area....which was a replacement for the plan to go in to work.  I worked on Friday and my big report is 'done'.  The auditors got their responses and documents - so I made good progress.  Figured I could always do a week of going in very early and staying very late should the need arise.  Hopefully, it won't.  Calendar tomorrow is purposefully 'blocked' all day so that should keep meetings to a minimum.

It's been a lovely break....though a bad cold/sinus something did it's best to bring me down. I feel better today though still have a sore throat and stuff resembling spackle coming out of my nose.  That's an improvement though vs. a few days ago so I feel 'good'.  I'm consuming Airborne like crazy and am becoming a firm believer in whatever is in those things.

In less than two weeks, B. will be home for the holidays!  And it's a three week countdown to my Winter break - the blessing of two full weeks off when virtually everyone else is also off...so it is really, truly down time more than not.  Which is a lovely thing.

Let the weeks begin!  We listened to Christmas music today as we worked around here - I'm ready for some good cheer.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...