Friday, December 20, 2013

Drainage

I keep thinking I'm hearing the dishwasher start the drain cycle - the kind of glurby suction noise it makes as it starts to empty the water from wash or rinse.

Only it's not the dishwasher - it's H. sleeping and snoring on the couch.  He woke up this morning with a horrible sore throat so he went to the doctor.  He said the doc he saw (not our usual) said 'your throat looks fine' and then proceeded to keep looking 'cuz she said 'I don't even think you have tonsils'.  He does have his tonsils....

She gave him nasal spray and sent him on his way.

It's the same creepy crud that everyone has and for most of us, we just have to keep dealing with it as it winds it's way through.  We're approaching Christmas and I recall feeling the same approaching Thanksgiving.  It comes, goes, abates, increases....it's a hodgepodge of symptoms that lead to misery....and snoring....and really sore throats periodically.

I made it out to shop - traffic was horrible and I didn't really buy much of anything for Christmas.  Though I did find a Cuisineart Dutch Oven in bright orange that I've wanted forever and it was 1/2 price 'cuz there wasn't a box - so I bought it!!  It's too heavy to even think about wrapping - it's just an addition to our cookware.

B. is heading out to dinner again tonight - I think he's been home for one meal since his arrival.  I don't begrudge him time with friends - but he also has a long list of places he wants to go to eat out with us so I hope we can wedge all this in -

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...