Saturday, December 28, 2013

Treats

I slept in yesterday until 10AM - so late for me that J. came to do a 'is she still breathing' check.  Wow.  Maybe rest is the answer 'cuz I felt decent yesterday for the better part of the day - until I didn't.  Dinner time found me decidedly 'off' - just felt yucky.  We were absolutely sick of leftover potatoes (still delicious but breakfast, lunch and dinner a couple days in a row was enough for me) so we got cheap Chinese instead.

Anyway - it was great to sleep in that long - made my entire day 'off'.  Read Facebook notes and messages but skipped replying.  My bad.  The day flew by doing not much of anything, actually.

Today, I got up at 8 - could have gone back to sleep but didn't.  J. and I treated for Jack in the Box at lunch which got Son #2 up for the first time today and Son #1 fed before he took a much needed nap.  He spent the night at a friend's house and I don't think they slept much - two guys, cigars and a good scotch.  They haven't seen each other in a year so it's only right they enjoy some make bonding.  B. had fun but arrived home in need of sleep.

J. procured discounted Starbucks lattes - one 1/2 off (special today only with coupon) and one free with my gold card rewards.  So I'm working on paying bills; planning how to pay the bills (Christmas, you are expensive); making year-end donations to various charities; and feeling slightly accomplished as I've already started a spreadsheet for year-end donations to make tax time easier.  I sure hope...

I'm enjoying that there's still one full week of the break though I've done not much of anything 'planned' so far.  And that's just fine for now.

I made a doctor's appointment for Monday afternoon just in case 'cuz I'm in week nine or something of the nose/ear/throat thing and I'm sick of feeling sick.  I'm feeling hopeless a bit about stupid stuff - and that's almost always a sign that I'm not 'well' in the physical department which needs attention.  Months of this crud...enough.  Hoping for my own Zpack so I can be on the mend.  'Cuz this time next week, I'll be lamenting the end of the break and heading in to two of the longest months in my career.  The trip to Europe is a coming and there's much to do before that departure date.

A blog I read announced she's done blogging - she hadn't been updating very often anyway so it shouldn't feel like such a loss - but it does.  The connections we make are ones we take for granted until the plug is pulled.  Odd - this Internet thing.

I tried to do my part outside by netting the pool and the spa....but the darn pole kept hitting the Japanese Maple tree (right next to the pool - stupidest thing we've ever done) and just putting more and more 'winter foilage' into the water.  Darn.  Time to give up, let nature blow the leaves off in the next big storm and then get it all netted and cleaned at once.

There are already Christmas trees out on the curbs awaiting pick up.  J. is sketching out the weather over the next few days and plans to take down outside decor before New Years - giving it a few days of 'drying time' in the garage before packing it all up again.  Tree will follow soon after though it just goes up in the rafters these days.

Way too late to nap though that's what I want to do - latte or not, I could sleep soundly if I allowed myself to.  I won't.  Time to turn on TV and find something to watch.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...