Tuesday, January 01, 2013

And Just Like That

He is gone.....




It helped that he ended up coming home last night (called J. for a ride at 2AM 'cuz there was nowhere for him to sleep where he was) and spent the morning with friends.  Had breakfast out with them and then they all 'chilled' here.  Watching Southpark and laughing their heads off.  It was fun to have his friends be here for him - and I do think it helped me 'cuz I left him to enjoy his friends...vs. torturing him with all the things I could have filled the time with.  Yes, there were tears.  I cried when he came in the study to give me a hug - and I cried when we hugged goodbye before he got in the car with the officer who was driving him to his next stop.

When B. gave me all his cash to put in his checking account along with the gift cards he got for Christmas, I could see his hand shaking bit....he was nervous.  But excited nervous.

We have no idea where he is flying out from tomorrow and hope we will know in time to get there.  The Sgt. that picked him up said that often, they will allow families of military staff to be at the gate to see them off - so there's hope for that.  We think it will be San Jose but we don't know - and San Jose is a hellish drive from here - but that's fine.  We will do it.

If he texts us in time.

And then I realized that we didn't get a picture of him alone - pics with him and his friends; a family pic; pic with the recruiter picking him up - and no pic of just him.  And I'm so, so sad about that.  J. cropped a pic - but it's not the same.  How could I forget to get a pic of him alone?  How?




If we don't see him tomorrow, my heart is going to be broken in a gazillion tiny pieces over not having a picture of him alone.....

And it's already a wee bit broken as it is....

So please send prayers that he is able to notify us in time so we can get there to tell him goodbye before his plane departs for Georgia.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...