Thursday, January 17, 2013

Re-Do

Today dawned with me drifting off to sleep again around 4:30 and waking at 6 when the alarm went off ...and finding myself not feeling too well again.  And coughing a bit more than I had the past couple days.  Not good signs.

I called and made a Dr. appointment - hoping to get in sometime this morning but my doctor was in at noon today - so I took a 5:15PM appointment.

I love our Doctor.  We all love him.  And he confirmed that I still had a lot of congestion in my chest and given that, I could opt to get a shot....which I immediately agreed to do.  A shot of an antibiotic I can't pronounce and a 10 day prescription for another (different) antibiotic.  I should be feeling great after three rounds of various antibiotics so I look forward to steady improvement over the next 10 days.

There were no LVNs or RNs at the office tonight so my doctor had to give me the shot.  He came in with the injection on the tray and said 'don't worry!  I just refreshed my skills watching You Tube!'  I cracked up.  As he was injecting the thick fluid into my left hip, he was jiggling the skin quickly and constantly.  When he was done, I said 'what was all the jiggling?'  He explained it's something he picked up from his dentist.  They 'wiggle' your cheek as they are injecting into your gums.  The brain's path for pain and jiggling eventually join up - and the jiggling confuses the pain receptors, so you aren't experiencing as much of a pain response as you would without the jiggling.  Those thick liquid injections hurt like the dickens!  It's still aching and it's been an hour and half.

I am heading to bed shortly.  First meeting at 7:30 so I absolutely have to get up before 6.  I'm going to get my clothes out and ready and also get the coffee set up so it's ready right away.  If I do sleep in until 6, I can still make it - I'll just have to hurry a bit.

Two prescriptions are waiting at Rite Aid and J. will get them tonight or tomorrow.  I'm sure the shot will be working well and I should feel a lot better by morning.  I sure hope.

It's a three day weekend and I don't want to waste it!  Though I'm sure I'll sleep a lot 'cuz that's what I need.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...