Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Sickie-Poo

I cavalierly didn't get a flu shot this year - I ALWAYS get a flu shot but for reasons that escape me at the moment, I didn't take the time to do it this year.  Stupid Majah.  So, so stupid.

I am siiickkkkk.......coughing up a storm.  Throat really sore.  Achy head.  I managed to make it through the day and assured everyone I will be in tomorrow - and I will!  But it's 6:30PM and I am heading to bed very soon.  I hope I sleep -

J. is a Hall's cough drop zealot.  He would eat them like candy - all the time.  For the close to 23 years we've been married, I refuse to ingest them.  They are just too, too strong.  Or they were...until today....turns out when you are hugely congested and coughing so much you are sure your head is going to come off your neck, Hall's work like a miracle.  Really.  When you are really congested, they aren't strong at all - they are perfect.  So that's a good thing to know - use Hall's when you think you are dying.  And you won't!

Here is another difference between me and my beloved.  The Dreamliner Boeing 787 is in the news 'cuz in the last three days, three separate jets have had: an electrical fire, a fuel leak and brake problems.  J. says 'well, it's a new plane - they're just getting the bugs out'.  I say 'I think a plane with that many incidents of issues needs to be grounded.  Period'.  That is the significant, key difference between us:  I will fly reluctantly and think a plane should be fully vetted with NO passengers on board while J. would see it as the adventure of a lifetime to be on a plane with issues and would most certainly offer his help.  He was a pilot - not of jetliners - but he understands the physics of flight.  He would love nothing more than to be on board a brand new plane when it has issues.  I don't think passengers should be subjected to that...ever.

There are too many bugs to risk flying those mammoth jets anywhere....

My bug (the one infecting my being) is heading upstairs for the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More people die from the flu than from airplane crashes, oh best beloved.

J

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...