Saturday, January 19, 2013

Parenthood

I watched some old episodes of Parenthood on my DVR last night as I let the cough syrup and Benadryl enter my blood stream.  I went to bed without those meds in my system but 30 minutes of coughing my head off convinced me to just give in and take them.  I need sleep.

I watched the episode that was in mid-December and had to find a song that was playing during a beautiful scene at the end of the show - and of course, you can find anything on the Internet including a website that assists viewers in identifying songs from TV shows.

The song is "Glorious" by Melissa Ethridge and I quickly purchased it on iTunes.

So now I'm sitting here crying 'cuz the last time B. was home, it was Christmas.  And he would have loved this song - we often like the same things.  Not always, but often.

If he were at college, I'm sure he would respond to texts.  I'm sure he would call more often.  It's just this time of him being unable to communicate that is killing me. 

In my irrational head, I fear my relationship with him will become like my brother's was with our mom - non-existent.  Every mother of sons knows it's different with them - they move on and another woman eventually (hopefully) enters and consumes their lives.  I've been preparing for that as all mothers of sons do - but you are hopeful the new woman in your sons life might be a communicator so there's still hope.

I hope we hear from him this weekend.  I am almost afraid to leave the house lest we miss a call - but life goes on and we have plans that we want to make happen.  Heading to Walnut Creek to use a Groupon for lunch and then a trip to some of the stores there - it's a great shopping location.  We have some ideas for our pantry.

There is nothing greater than your husband also agreeing that a trip to The Container Store is in order!

Time to shower and dress and head out.  It's a beautiful, sunny day - crystal clear and over 50* outside!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...