Friday, January 11, 2013

Silence is.....

Well, it's just silent.

Majah's going 'dark' this weekend - today's visit to the Dr. confirmed bronchitis, laryngitis, likely sinus infection - and it all probably started with 'the flu'.  I think it's important to keep saying to anyone who will listen: I have not been running a fever.  Maybe 99 - that's it.  No fever.  But holy crap - I am sick.  Antibiotics, an inhaler and codeine cough syrup are at the ready for what I can only say will likely be another long, long night.  Sleep?  What's that?  I sleep in bursts of minutes - followed by hours of just laying there in the silence willing myself not to cough.  It's harder than it sounds when your body is telling you to cough with every breath.  The doctor made me feel a little better re: the lack of flu shot 'cuz he said 'it might not have helped - this year's vaccine missed one entire strain of what's out there - and we are seeing a lot of really sick people who got shots'.  So take that, flu vaccine.

That being said, it's already on my calendar for next October to GET ONE - no excuses.

I was home yesterday and today - two days out of the office that I can't afford.  Those two days were my 'lighter' meetings days - and they are gone.  I want to/need to work this weekend but I'm not sure that will be physically possible - so next week is really going to be something.

My boss volunteered to assist me in providing food for a potluck my department hosted today - and I couldn't thank him enough.  Not that J. couldn't have/wouldn't have done a bang up job - but the last evening, the thought of 'directing' the preparation of a multi-step soup was just more than I could handle.  So my boss stepped in and volunteered - when I saw his email, I texted him and said 'I hope you mean it 'cuz I need help'...and of course, he said he did - so he made soup for today.

Sounds like I missed a really fun luncheon and I'm sorry to have missed it.

I love having the iPad which provide hours of entertainment in the comfort of my bed.  I've been watching Downton Abbey - having heard a lot about it, I was curious - and it is terrific.  Really enjoying it!

Tonight, I hope the meds will assist in getting a little better quality sleep - and I'm hoping 24 hours on antibiotics will have me feeling much better by mid-to-late afternoon tomorrow.  I sure hope so.



No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...