Sunday, January 27, 2013

Ahhh....The Weekend

A quiet Saturday of piddling around the house.  I am working on cleaning the cabinets with orange glo!  The wood soaks up the oil and everything looks clean and shiny!  It's been awhile since I've done it and the wood really needed it. 

In the spirit of recycling and reusing, J. cut up a gazillion of B.'s old t-shirts and made the best dusting rags on the planet!  100% soft cotton - perfect for polishing wood, granite, etc. .  No lint!

I made a homemade lasagna using frozen spaghetti sauce.  Added a creamy bechamel sauce with freshly grated nutmeg along with grated Parmesan.  It was delicious!  And then we froze 1/2 of the lasagna 'cuz it was too much for three people.  And I cut back what I usually make.  Cooking for two is going to be an interesting challenge - since I'm used to cooking for a virtual army, apparently.

Speaking of Army!  We got a call from B. at around 4:40PMish our time.  It was incredibly fast - he had 5 minutes and we think we spoke for 4 or so - but it was great to hear from him and I'll take any time over no time.  He was excited to hear we've mailed some letters; also excited we've found websites with pictures and asked us to save them for him.  He didn't need to worry about that 'cuz we check the website fanatically watching for new updates!  I might even make some kind of scrapbook for him with pictures by week!  B. also confirmed he's been sick for three weeks - but says 'I'm fine - I'm congested and coughing in the morning but most of the time, I'm fine'. 

We gave thought to driving up north to look at houses but truthfully, I am still feeling off and didn't want to use energy for that.  I'm pretty congested and still have something going on in my throat.  I stopped taking Benadryl and the decongestants thinking that's why I feel 'murky'.  But no - I just feel murky, apparently - 'cuz I feel the same.  Sleeping is a challenge still and that doesn't help.  Oh well.

Next weekend is H.'s big moving day!  They haven't done a darn thing to get ready that I can see so it's likely going to be a very long weekend.  Hoping H. remembers that his parents aren't exactly ready to schlep stuff out of a truck and up stairs.  We will help - for sure - but hoping they are also recruiting other friends to assist.

It's a beautiful sunny day here - rare these days.  Still chilly but manageable.  I have much to do here and a couple things to take care of in my office (so easy and lucky to have my office be so close to home).

Ever since we went to the chicken and waffle place last weekend, J. has been craving a waffle.  He's playing music at church today so we are going to have breakfast dinner and make waffles, eggs and bacon tonight for dinner!  Yummy.

The garage is opening and my beloved is home!  Happy Sunday! 

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...