Saturday, January 29, 2011

Grumpy Gus

Two grumpy young men greeted us this morning.

Son #2 was PO'd at having to get out of bed early on a Saturday morning to attend Saturday School. He left campus without permission to check his car alarm one day this week and had to get a pass to get back into class - penalty was 4 hours of Saturday school. He completely overlooked that they waived multiple Saturday School hours he was supposed to serve for his year-end issue. They just wiped it off the books! And he failed to notice that it was also good to just get up and do it today because it was a 'double hours' Saturday School day - so he got his full four hours resolved and only had to be there two. He returned home just after 10AM and went back to bed.

Son #1 arose shortly after that point, PO'd that he had to go to work. Actually, he was more PO'd that Son #2 doesn't have to go to work because he doesn't have a job. To which I replied 'I swear you just wake up and look for a reason to be angry about something. Your brother did have to get up early to go to Saturday School and now he's back in bed for a bit. Move on and worry about yourself.' I did not remind him of the massive amount of money he owes us currently; did not remind him that had we not pitched in for his car repair, he'd be without wheels. Offered to fix him eggs for breakfast to send him off to his nine hour day (with an hour lunch) with a protein-filled stomach.

I worked today - which I planned. Though unfortunately, it feels like the only thing accomplished was highlighting the growing dis-ease feeling in the pit of my stomach. There are 31 days in January and I will have worked 24 of them when the 31st rolls around. Some months are like that....but seeing it on paper just sucks. It really does. Tomorrow will be more of the same...though I'm going to try to get up a little earlier (I slept in until 9 which is hugely 'late' for me, even on a Saturday) and start earlier. Progress was made - though there's more to do. It will be OK. I can get it all done.....I always do.

We had planned to do some geocaching but it's cold, cloudy and dark outside. Why is it the crystal clear, sunny afternoons are always, ALWAYS on weekdays and the weekends (lately) are cold, dark and depressing.

There's always tomorrow - hopefully, I'll work early in the day and then have a sunny afternoon to get outside and walk/hike around for a bit.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...