Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Drama

What a day.....

Wow, we had a drama filled day today. Someone left (as in left their employment) unexpectedly....and the notice of that was reverberating through the place like electricity most of the morning. It was a hard thing to grasp.

In the afternoon, someone who reports to me passed out at her desk - requiring an ambulance, fire engine and a fleet of paramedics and firemen. She was sitting up by the time they got to our office and refused to go to the hospital. About 30 minutes later, she was on the floor again - although voluntarily - dizzy again, she decided to lie down. Her husband came to get her. Hoping she's OK.

I managed 3/4 of a mile in 20 minutes this morning, walking at a fairly brisk pace. I like the treadmill because it's easy to ensure I'm really walking fast. Changing the speed to confirm I WILL do whatever distance is my goal for the morning by whatever time I've decided I'm trying for. I didn't do an incline today because my hips hurt a lot while I was walking yesterday (leading me to think 'I'm never going to be in better shape if I can't even manage to JUST WALK)...but the no-incline approach seemed to help with that. I am not too sore - so that's good. Or it means I'm not working out hard enough, which maybe isn't good. I don't know....I'm a novice at this 'exercise' thing. I'm sticking with it. (I realize two days is no record. But I can feel it. I'm sticking with it. I need it....and not just for weight loss or health. For general well being and stress management).

I've been eating really carefully as well - and except for standing over the kitchen sink devouring two roasted chicken wings (feeling very much like a Survivor tribe member eating every last morsel off the bones), I've been very healthy. I feel hungry - but mainly when I get home in the evening. I didn't snack too much today (almonds - just almonds) and that's probably why I came home absolutely starving. Yogurt for breakfast, cottage cheese for lunch and then dinner. I'm starved when I get home. So, SO glad J. had picked up a Costco roasted chicken. It was delicious.

I stood in line at Chevron with dozens of other people to buy Mega Millions. Now THAT would be drama.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...