Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Early

Today, 4:12AM felt much earlier than it did yesterday....but I still got myself up and into exercise clothes. 3/4 of a mile in under 20 minutes...a brisk walk most of the way. I had to concentrate really hard the first 200 steps or so - walking on a treadmill takes a lot of concentration, at least for me.

Found Son #2 asleep on the couch. He said 'Night Mom' as he headed upstairs. Not sure he realized it was morning....though he did mumble 'I fell asleep on the couch'. I'd pretty much figured that out since the TV was on with the DishNetwork black screen flashing off and on.

The dog peeked out from her burrow as I approached the treadmill - and quickly snuggled back in as soon as she realized I was not heading that direction for her.

Work went by very quickly yesterday and was actually fun. I felt awesome and energized all day and my boss said 'you look really relaxed'. I'd styled my hair yesterday - got a ton of compliments on it so I guess a little texturizing product and three extra minutes in the morning is worth it. It's the hair. I think the bangs I sported yesterday hid most of the worry/fret lines on my forehead and that's why he thought I looked so relaxed. We all did, really - two weeks off will do that for you. Now it's 'we're back'. And that's OK.

Son #1 is in Tahoe for a few days of snowboarding - so I'll be on edge until his safe return. He wanted to use my car for the trip - and I said no. So he got two snowboards and all the gear into his car and he and a friend headed out yesterday. Hope he doesn't hurt himself 'cuz he hasn't been snowboarding in a really long time. I reminded him of the safety rules - drive carefully, pay attention and don't go off trail. A bunch of them have rented a house up there....so I sure hope all's well. Kids will be kids.

The three of us at home had talapia fillets for dinner - even H. tried them and was OK with it. I think that's the first fish he's ever eaten ('cuz I don't count shrimp as fish). We had steamed brussel sprouts, banana squash and fish for dinner. And kind of like Chinese food - I was hungry about an hour later. Nibbled on some Kashi Honey Sunshine cereal which I'd read about on a website yesterday morning - 3/4 of a cup is only one point! It's not too bad.

J. and H. blitzed through the remainder of the cooking class assignments yesterday. They had homemade guacamole and sauteed summer squash for lunch and then made chocolate chip cookies for dessert. H. finished all of his classes and is officially withdrawn from his 'cyber' school. Today, he re-enrolls at his old high school and begins serving the remainder of the suspension days that he owed at the end of his junior year. I will be crafting a massive 'To Do' list because three days suspended is not going to be three days of sitting around playing video games. He's fine with it - he seems to want to do whatever he needs to do to return to his old high school and he's taking his lumps about the suspension days well. He's really going to have a big adjustment to getting up and getting to school by 8, etc. Wish him luck - I know I am.

Shower time. Off to another day - the cleaning crew comes today so it will be lovely to return home to tidiness and order...and with one less person in the house, it should last a wee bit longer than it usually does.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...