Saturday, January 22, 2011

Keith

Gob-smacked about Keith Olbermann's abrupt departure from MSNBC....admittedly found him to be an acquired taste but upon acquiring the taste for his 'humor with a bite' and his constant angst at or towards someone or something, I will miss him. And will look forward to when he will be back on TV in a couple years on a different network. Feel as sad as I did when Tim Russert died - but at least with Keith, we know we will enjoy him again somewhere, sometime in the future.

I did sleep in but really had to work at it - until 9. Dreaming weird dreams and frequently hearing music - and wondering why my alarm was going off - only to realize it was music in my head waking me up, not the actual alarm clock. Dreamt about my sister-in-law - we were staying in their house for some reason - my brother not there - on a trip, I think - and being aware my sister-in-law was in the house somewhere but never seeing her. So I tried to tidy up the house a bit and was vacuuming up what looked like dust bunnies on the floor, along the fireplace, etc. - and she runs out to tell me (looking as beautiful as she always did) that those aren't dust bunnies, they are a special insulation and to please stop cleaning them up. So I try to stuff the dust back into the corners of everything - and then offer to go to Home Depot and buy some more of her 'special insulation' and help return everything to the state it was before I tried to clean up......and then I woke up. Hidden meanings there, I'm sure.....and it was great to 'see' her, even if only for a few minutes.

There is sun today - sometimes hiding behind a few clouds - but generally 'sunny'. So we are venturing outside in a bit to take a geocaching hike. Me, J. and H. (B. was up 'early' to meet someone at the gym and he went back to sleep). J. and I also worked a little bit in the backyard, pruning our potato bush/tree. The gardener lopped off a lot of it - which it needed. But it's still 'front' heavy and is leaning over the patio and blocking where we walk by the pool - so we cut off some additional branches. It was nice to be outside, albeit very briefly. Now it's cold again....

Today's activities include going through a week's worth of mail; balancing our bank accounts; running some errands and assorted other miscellaneous 'stuff'. I'd love a nap but won't.

And there I go again - sleep. It's always about sleep.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...