Friday, January 28, 2011

Keen

It's FRIDAY!! Yeah! No matter what else the weekend holds, I have two days of sleeping in to look forward to and I need it!

It's the perfect day to slip into jeans, a denim work shirt (embroidered with our district logo, thus making uber-casual more appropriate for work) and my new Keen shoes which are so, so comfortable and look cute, too. They are sort of a cross between a tennis shoe and a hiking shoe. They are sturdy and supportive and make me feel ready to live in the woods for a month. Or maybe just a week. (OK - a day is probably all I could manage - but if you go to REI to shop, you immediately have the desire to become someone who lives in the backwoods. Especially with freeze dried beef stroganoff, etc. to sustain you).

This is the first work day this week without a lot of meetings that require me to 'dress the part' and it's just adding another layer of Friday glee to my disposition to be able to venture out of the house dressed in very comfortable clothes. Makes me feel all warm and snugly - which it isn't in here since it's 57 degrees in this room right now and 40 degrees outside. Brrrr!

We hope to get a couple geocaching missions in this weekend and H. is inviting a friend to join us.

I had an absolutely wonderful dinner with my friend J. on Tuesday evening - much needed catching up and chatting about kids, etc. Her daughter also attends LasPo so she and B. are hopefully going to have coffee or something. You can never have too many friends and especially friends that you see at school during your days there. Friend J. and I are always able to immediately pick up as if no time has passed....don't you love those kind of friends? There's no awkward 'um, what do we say to each other' moments - we are gibbering from the minute we greet each other until the minute we leave. It was great to see her and fun to catch up!

My mission for this weekend is to unearth the jury duty summons that is buried somewhere on my desk. It's for our local court so at least if I do have to go, it's in town (vs. Stockton). I postponed it in November and wow, did that 60 days go by quickly! It's not any better of a time now to serve - but oh well. Have to call in nightly starting tonight.....

If the weather is sunny (though cold), we'll attempt to do some more yard work. Winter 'yuck' is everywhere and there's a lot to prune, sweep, rake, etc.

Hoping for a quiet, productive, fun, relaxing weekend. Which is the opposite of how the week has felt. Productive? Yes! Quiet, fun, relaxing - um, no....not at all. So bring on some 'passive'. I could use that.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...