Sunday, January 23, 2011

Geocaching

We managed to do three geocaching hunts yesterday afternoon...and were even more stoked to have H. joining us in the activity. Our geocaching Magellan GPS unit is great though we're learning to navigate through it's settings as we go.

We found two items and had to give up on one. Not sure if we missed it or if it's not there anymore - but two of three as successful finds wasn't bad for our first effort.

Some things I will do differently include:
  • I won't bring my purse. I'll bring my small 'walking' purse which has a long enough strap to put it across my body - and just carry driver's license, cell phone and a little cash. We were walking around a lot and while my purse was locked in the car, I was nervous about it the entire time.
  • Bring gloves and trash bags. I think while we're hunting, we could pick up miscellaneous trash and help our city while we're having fun searching. I know my cohorts won't want to do this but as long as I have work gloves on, I'm fine with it.

We downloaded some extra locations just in case - and today, if we have time, we might venture further away from Tracy and try some out in Mountain House.

H. seemed to really enjoy it - he found one of the caches and J. found the other.

The goal of our new geocaching 'hobby' is to get us up and out more - and it certainly succeeded in that. We're hoping to get out again today - it's sunny and beautiful and a perfect day for a treasure hunt.

It's also B.'s 20th birthday - so I'll be spending the day remembering back two decades to the day that totally changed our lives forever. I've said frequently in this blog that parenting is not for sissies - and we never could have imagined 20 years ago this morning just how true that was. We held that little, tiny baby boy and were instantly besotted with him - madly, truly, deeply in love with this little human. And it's still true today - even with all the challenges.

We have a fun dinner out at a Benihana type restaurant here in town and he partied with friends last night.

I'm heading out to my office for a bit - this upcoming week is as busy as last week with multiple days out of the office for various meetings. It will help me a bit to have waded through some of the 'must do' items on my desk before the week starts. I can manage without going in - but when I do that, I then try to get myself to my desk by 6-ish - and that's pretty hard to do, especially if I'm trying to allow some time for exercise in the AM.

Happy sunny Sunday!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...