Monday, January 24, 2011

Spanish

Early morning Monday and I'm wondering a couple things:

  • Why is Yahoo showing me ads in Spanish?
  • Why am I seeing so many ads for towns I don't live in - in Florida, Ohio, etc.

I wouldn't mind so much except there's always that brief moment when I think 'where am I? Did I go on a trip and forget? Am I home?'.

Aging is not for sissies, either....

We enjoyed a great dinner out with B. . His best friend C. (who is home from Sonoma State for another week - he gets two weeks more off than B.) was able to join us. It was fun and delicious! B. is officially 20. We promised to take him to Vegas for his 21st - and he reminded us that he probably won't be home for his 21st - so we said we hoped he could get a weekend off and we could meet him there. His friend C. turns 20 on our anniversary in March, so we told B. 'if you will wait until C. turns 21 in March, 2012, we'll take you both to Vegas'. He said that sounded like a plan.

Another quiet morning disrupted by the Grand Central Station of pets. They seem to have both calmed down for the moment - and of course, it's now time for me to head upstairs and get showered and dressed for the day. Love them both to pieces but oh how I really feel pissy when I'm spending 10-15 minutes orchestrating the activities of a feline and canine. Dog went out to pee first thing - cat went out with her. Dog comes back in. No cat and no sign of him. Worry briefly 'will he go near the pool, fall in and drown?'. Decide not likely and too cold to keep standing there with the door open. Close door 'cuz it's freezing outside. Feed dog. Hear her frantically scratching on back door - let her out to do her other business - cat runs in. Dog chases cat to gate. Cat bashes through gate (not latched, thank goodness) to escape dog. Dog knows she's not to go past gate unless invited and finally goes outside to take care of business. Now cat is tormenting dog by sitting on the other side of gate.....

I did not sleep well last night - various aches and pains kept me up a good chunk of the night. The only good thing about not sleeping well is I will probably sleep much better tonight. Exhaustion has a way of leading to better quality sleep.

1/2 day at a meeting at our County Office of Ed. Busy day. I did go in yesterday and was really glad I did because I had quite a few quick things I was able to get moving and delegated out to people to take care of this morning while I'm away. There's always so much to do.....

Happy Monday and enjoy the last full week in January. Time has just flown by this past month....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...