Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Jury!

You might recall that in November, I nonchalantly postponed jury service. November is a busy, busy month and it just seemed wise to move my service. Wow, that 60 day reprieve flew by unnoticed. I received a summons about a month ago and begin service TODAY - and for the first time in my entire life, I actually have to go. Physically go. Appear. Serve. Ugh.

I don't mind serving....but yee gads, this is such a hugely bad time. Oh well. I'm heading in shortly (be at my desk by 6AM) and will plow through a full day's worth of work before appearing at 1:30 as ordered. Waiting to see what happens re: tomorrow and Friday. I have meetings both those days that are 'mandatory' - but guess they won't be if I end up serving on a jury.

Thankfully, it's our local city court - and also thankfully, a fun co-worker was also summoned - so at least I'll be sitting and waiting with someone I know and enjoy spending time with. Might even be 'fun'.

I don't get a lot of time to sit and read a good book - but this afternoon might be the start of a couple days of doing just that!

The weather is beautiful, though cold - which means this weekend will be dark, cloudy and gloomy.....at least that's been the trend.

Time to head upstairs and then to my office where a massive amount of assigning and delegating things will ensue. I'll have to write down who I gave what to or I will forget all about it.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...