Monday, February 14, 2011

For The Love of Chinese

After a day of running errands for me (since I was working), my hubby is on his way to pick up yummy Chinese take out. Because it's Valentine's Day, we're splurging and going to the really excellent local place - usually closed on Monday but open this special day.

He stopped by my office to drop off something he bought for me (for work) and left a bouquet of flowers in my office while I was in the restroom. He's sneaky - and I love that about him.

And as if anyone would need more proof of just how awesome a husband he is, he tuned the TV to New Moon so that I had a favorite movie playing for me when I returned home from my office.

It's been a busy three day weekend....I have a post with pictures of the Cupcake War entry for later today - having issues with getting the right picture in the right place. Soon, I promise.

I had a fun lunch yesterday catching up with a friend who found me on Facebook - we haven't seen each other for close to 20 years - it was so fun to chat and chat. We talked for 2+ hours non-stop and agreed to meet again soon. They live in Brentwood now - pretty drive to get there and discovered a new mall with a JJill, REI, DSW shoes, etc.

It's approaching 5PM and I'm so tired, I could sleep right here, right now. I will eat dinner, relax a bit, work a bit more (yes, I brought stuff home) and head to bed very early. A long, short four day week looms ahead.

Next weekend is more of the same - a 3 day weekend that will see me working most of the days. Oh well. Just that time of year....

Happy Valentine's Day to those I love - friends, family.....wishing we could spend the day together eating stuff we shouldn't eat.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...