Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cranky

Warning: Majah is cranky. Just disclosing that right up front -

I have no time for writing. No time for much of anything except work, work and more work....hopefully, there's an end in site to that shortly - but honestly, probably not. It's making me a wee bit angry at the moment - and that's unusual for me. I thrive on work. I love my job. Love, love, love it. Which is a damn good thing 'cuz it's all I do these days....

Here are other irritating things happening around here.....these are petty and stupid and I wouldn't even mention them except: I warned you! I am cranky!

:-)

I had to 'air dry' this morning because there was no toilet paper anywhere to be found. That's not a good way to start the day - especially at 4:30AM. Even worse was having to go into the frigid garage to find some....but I did. I will restock tonight - and hope I can remember that tonight. (I wrote it down so that gives me a better than 50/50 chance of remembering).

I opened a brand new bottle of sugar free vanilla syrup yesterday morning (lovingly procured by my husband who informed me that sadly, Smart and Final is closing so now we'll have to procure our coffee syrups somewhere else - meaning driving to Stockton or Manteca...) and found it more than half gone ALREADY - because the darn kids (kid - probably - just one. His name starts with a 'B') have been adding it to their soda.

And I'm even more grumpy about that because there are dozens of empty soda cans in the recycle bin - about a month ago, I stopped buying it. I told them 'drink water'. But when it's on sale for $2.50 a 12 pack, we buy it - and they drink it - like water. With $5 a bottle sugar free syrup added for 'extra flavor'.

Both kids lost their debit cards within a couple days of each other. So we've had to give H. cash, which we don't like to do. I've been monitoring their bank accounts like crazy - H.'s card was used at a Red Box (already refunded by the bank, thank goodness). Now we're waiting for replacement cards. And for the boys to get their heads together and quit being so scatter brained about stuff like this. We won't always be here to help them with this stuff.....

Alright - I'm done (for now). I have to get to work....large 'to-do' lists looming and more on the horizon.

Good thing I'm not married to my boss or he'd be getting an earful today....

(I plan to keep my job so I keep my angst to myself....)

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...