Saturday, February 19, 2011

2nd

Finally - this was drafted last weekend so think a week ago not a few days ago....

Our cupcakes came in 2nd place in the 'war'! Very exciting! I owe it all to my amazing husband who put a lot of the stuff together and baked the 'final batch' as I was attending a business meeting until 9PM on Thursday evening. THAT was a really long day - from 6AM until 9PM -

Here's a picture of our 2nd place prize winning entry:




Here's me beaming as if I'd won Publisher's Clearing House instead of a cupcake contest:


We had a very fun morning and were all on sugar highs the remainder of the day. I'm already planning for next year's entry.

Huge thanks to my wonderful husband for helping me - which allowed me to get a few hours sleep on Thursday night vs. being up most of the night or shortly after midnight trying to get it all done. He even made a trip to Michael's and found the PERFECT flowers to use. We're keeping the flowerbox full of flowers and putting it in front of our fireplace.....

And thanks to my sister K. for sending me a bunch of stuff to include - we were going to make Rosette cookies in butterfly shapes to the flower branches but we ran out of time - it was very sweet of her to send all of her butterfly materials from her 'divorce' party - thanks, K.

Can't wait for next year and I forsee a lot of trial cupcake batches as I explore more recipes. The boys enjoyed all the samples and two chocolate cakes made with the leftover batter.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...