Sunday, February 06, 2011

Choco Heaven

The first 'test run' batch of cupcakes for our Cupcake War competition is in the oven. Based on the batter, I think they will be heaven....can't wait to frost them and surprise the boys with cupcakes for breakfast. Oh, and chocolate croissants, too! Fresh baked - from Trader Joe's frozen food department. I totally forgot to get them out of the box and put them on a cookie sheet - so they thawed and proofed in the box. Funny this morning to come downstairs and find the boxes exploded on the stove. They still baked up fine though they aren't as 'pretty' as they would have been had I remembered. Oh well. Next time. Kids will enjoy them even if they are oddly shaped.

I spent part of yesterday at Joanne Fabrics attempting to be creative. I think I've succeeded though there's still a lot to put together. I'm heading to Michael's for round two just to see what they have that Joanne's didn't. As long as my King Arthur supplies arrive tomorrow or Tuesday, I should be in good shape.

I need to whip up the frosting for the cupcakes and then get ready to head out for errands, etc.

It's a beautiful day and there's tons to do outside -

And it's Super Bowl Sunday so there's a lot of snacks to get ready.

I'll let you know what the kids think of the cupcakes. Wonder if they'll figure out the 'secret ingredient'?

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...