Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Shortened

I went short today. Really short. My hair is now like it was years ago - short, short, SHORT. I love it! Absolutely love it! I've been thinking about doing it - cut off 8 inches in the last 12 months. And something about this week - this feeling that it's time for some change in my life - made NOW the right time. It's easy as pie to style, will dry on it's own in less than 10 minutes and will be easy to 'manage' in wind, rain, extreme heat, during hot flashes, etc. Some styling mousse, a couple swipes with the flat iron, some hairspray and I'll be ready to go! J. said 'it's not as blond as it was'. It's still blond but it's more strawberry-blondish - largely due to the hair being closer to the scalp and you can't turn brown hair blond without pulling some red tones. Just happens. It's just harder to 'disguise' the reddish tones (don't picture Lucille Ball red - it's not) when there's not as much hair. Time to break out some earrings, I think.

That's it for now. Blogger's been down so hope this posts.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...