Friday, July 25, 2008

Mamma Mia

was TERRIFIC! It's toe tapping, knee thumping, laugh out loud, sing-it-like-you-mean-it FUN! I just loved it and I think J. did, too. It really is a chick flick...but he endured it! [Thanks for going with me, my sweet.]. The only part I had a problem with was Pierce Brosnan singing. And not because he didn't do a good job. He did! Really! But it's just not something you 'expect' from him, and it was strange to see him singing. So I closed my eyes a few times to just try to LISTEN and hear instead of reacting to seeing him singing.

It's set in the Greek islands and I'm going to have to research where it was actually shot. Wherever it was shot, we are going to go there! Beach-y beauty, gorgeous water. You felt like you were at the beach - all wind blown hair, salty sea air, everything. It was beautiful and we have to get there.

I'm going to order the movie soundtrack from Amazon.com and can't WAIT to have it playing in my office as I plow through year-end. Super Trouper comes to mind!

Go see it! It's a great 'I need a break from my life and something that makes me smile from ear to ear' movie! You'll love it...I know you will!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...