Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Headache II

Second day of the headache that will not end. I suspect sinuses....not sure. I went to bed at 8PM last night, awoke at 5 AM. Rolled over in bed and realized 'yikes, it's really, really bad'. Got up and went downstairs long enough to follow the absence procedure: phone immediate supervisor (left voicemail, obviously), phone absence line and because I have direct reports, let them know as well. Then took Chloe out, watched her re-burrow herself into her lair and returned to bed where I slept until 10. Wow....that's a lot of sleep, even for me!

Had a couple lattes, a couple Excedrin. J. called to say they were packed up and heading down the hill - the boys anxious to return to civilization, apparently. They should be home in a couple hours.

I feel the urge to sleep again but am resisting since I want to get to bed really early again. Tomorrow, headache or not, I must return to work - meetings on schedule that cannot be missed.

Tried to catch up on soaps but the earthquake in Los Angeles pre-empted all regular programming. Admittedly, it's a big event; however, it was irritating how they try to make it so much 'bigger'. Calls in from people where they basically put the words in their mouths - the story wasn't big enough - so they try to make the callers say more to embellish it. I turned off the TV and went back to trying to tidy up my desk. Now I'm watching Law and Order. There's always a L&O episode on somewhere.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...