Monday, July 28, 2008

Headache

A raging headache kept me home today - bad....bad. Thankfully, it's not (yet) making me sick to my stomach, because that would really, truly suck. I don't do well with nausea and there's no one here to help me - so I'm grateful it's just a headache that makes me feel 'out of it' and like I want to curl up on the couch and watch TV. Which is what I've been doing most of the day.

There are things I have to do myself without J. Which only makes me miss him more. Like, for example - I just had to kill a fly. I hate flies. Hate them. And J. is the designated fly killer, only he's not here and there are two of them flying around in here. I got one - and it sadly landed in a little 'bin' I have with pencils, pens, etc. So, he's in there, dead somewhere, but I can't quite locate him at the moment. So that will be something to look forward to - finding a dead fly someday - soon. I'll empty it all out later today. I promise. If J. were here, he'd be able to reach it over his way where there's not so much 'stuff' for the thing to land in or on. But no, I'm alone.

I'm watching the show Family on DVD. I loved that show and am enjoying remembering it again today. And when I feel like sitting up for a bit, I'm reading food blogs - getting ideas for what to do with all these veggies. I took a huge bag of veggies to the neighbor last night - squash, tomatoes, fresh jalapeno peppers, cucumbers and beets. We have too much to use. Not to mention that I don't really know how to cook a raw beet? I guess I just slice it up and steam it? So that's why I'm looking at food blogs. We got a lot of onions this week - and found a great recipe for those 'onion threads' you get at restaurants. So that's an idea - and I know everyone will love them. Even J. who doesn't really like onions.

It's already late afternoon....the blah day moved along so quickly, considering I barely moved. I always try to not be a total 'lump on the log' if I'm home - I mean, I can usually muster the oomph to at least put in a load of laundry or something. But today, I've been a total slug. Complete, total slug. Oh well.

GOT HIM - the fly is in the trash. Now, on to the other one that is making me crazy. I leave the screen door closed so I can't figure out how they're getting in here....but they are doomed. With or without J., this is a fly-free zone!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...