Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Nespresso

This is not a paid advertisement. But when a company does a good job, I think it should be recognized.

I came home for lunch today and called Nespresso to ask about the problem we're having with the espresso button putting through the same amount as the lungo button - about double the amount of water that should be processed through the coffee capsules. They helped me recalibrate those buttons over the phone - they now work perfectly. And, when I asked about the leaking water reservoir - we are filling it with a pitcher and it works fine but taking it out and filling it at the sink [which is what the manual shows] results in the reservoir leaking. They are sending a replacement - and I already have the confirmation email that it shipped today. No charge. Now THAT'S customer service!

The boys are loving the machine and they are adding espresso to any drink feasible. Chocolate milk? Yes, with a double shot, please. Fruit smoothies? Possibly. I don't mind - it's new and a novelty and they'll lose interest. At least I hope they do 'cuz the cost is about .52 cents per shot. It could add up quickly. Of course, it's far cheaper than them going to Starbucks for a latte - so why worry, right? It IS really good espresso. I'm reading the book (included) and learning that the frothy layers on the top are part of the 'pleasure' of good espresso. It's really interesting how different varieties make different layers of 'crema' (that's the fancy name for the froth). I've been enjoying two lattes every morning and trying all different kinds. The variety is great! It will be hard to decide what to order when it's time to restock.

I've got a routine down where I'm making my own iced tea every day - so that's saving $4.20/day. Get a pot of tea brewing first thing in the AM, so it's cooled off when I'm ready to leave - fill cups with ice, tea concentrate and there it is! And I refill the tea pot with water again before I leave (same bags - frugal of me, huh?) and then I can refill when I come home for lunch!

Today was the THIRD good day at work. Yikes. That's a record. Hope it's a trend! I'm only there 1/2 day tomorrow (meeting all afternoon) and then working 1/2 day at home on Friday and taking a 1/2 day off so J. and I can hopefully go see Mama Mia. Saturday is booked and he's leaving with the kids for camping early Sunday morning...so it's a Friday afternoon date or we'll have to wait another weekend.

That's it for now. J. is in the city late to join some coworkers for cocktails. The 'big ships' are in the bay today and everyone wanted to go see them up close. They watched them from their office windows this afternoon and someone suggested drinks and more boat watching - so he stayed in the city this evening. We ordered pizza. Time to get the dishwasher going so it can be unloaded before bed.

Oh, one more thing. Remember the post awhile back about Gwyneth and her mom? The two living miracles? Tricia's going through a really hard time - a setback of sorts - and while she and Nathan are weathering it with their usual faith and patience and trust in God, I know they would appreciate all the prayers we can muster. So many miracles for these two - and one more is needed. Maybe not a full blown miracle, as all the others most definitely have been. But certainly God's help in ensuring the medication does what it needs to and Tricia's side effects are as limited as possible. I hope you will read and pray. www.cfhusband.blogspot.com

1 comment:

CFHusband said...

Thank you!

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...