Sunday, June 28, 2009

Seriously (Warped)

The boys had a great time at the concert. Arrived home in the evening yesterday....B. with three friends who all headed for the pool upon arriving here. H. returned around midnight after enjoying dinner out with friends.

H. has possibly the worst sunburn I've ever seen - it's already a zillion blisters. It's BAD. He said he used sunscreen. J. tried to remind him to take a hat - but like most things we suggest, we know nothing and he ignored the advice. Big mistake. He will be peeling for weeks, probably well into our Cancun trip. Not a good thing.

B. didn't get too fried....he's a little burned but not as badly as H.

H. also bought a t-shirt. He showed me the front - the name of one of the bands and a design that features things you see in Florida (since that's where the band is from). I said 'cool'. What he neglected to show me was the back of the shirt - which has a hugely inappropriate phrase that will NEVER be worn anywhere except in this house when he's scrubbing the toilets or something. I don't know what he was thinking - why he would waste money on a shirt that I'm positive he knew we would never, ever let him wear. He's been completely 'indignant' most of the day....and I've been reciprocating. Told him that as far as I'm concerned, he should give me the t-shirt for my rag bag because he is absolutely, positively NOT stepping foot out of this house in that shirt. Ever. He might as well have thrown $20 in the trash can....we do not allow the 'f' word....end of discussion. It may slip out of our mouths on rare occasions...we're not perfect....but we will absolutely NOT be walking around sporting shirts that say that word in bold print. Not happening. Not on my kid.

I spent yesterday with a full-fledged migraine...including being sick to my stomach. Far worse than last Wednesday's which kept me home from work. I stayed in bed most of the day - and we missed a Lion's dinner which we'd been looking forward to. I feel a lot better today....thank goodness. The only side effect has been a stiff back from being horizontal for so long yesterday.

J. and I spent a little time in the pool today floating on our rafts. Trying to get a little sun in preparation for Cancun. I feel 'tan' though I still have miles to go. But figure I'll try to do 10-15 minutes everyday this week since I'm off.

I have lists of errands to run, things to do, etc...and hope to accomplish a lot. Will plan to take B. to LPC on Wednesday to pick up financial aid packets and buy his books. He's POSITIVE he's going to LPC to get a two year degree - then onto the Police Academy.

We're enjoying a Law and Order SVU marathon today....nice way to spend the day inside where it's cool...it is hugely HOT here today....well, probably not as hot as in Phoenix...or as hot with humidity as in OKC...but it's pretty darn hot for here. It was 106 degrees a couple of hours ago and now it's down to 104....the pool is beckoning again.....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...